IEC Chicago & Springfield Internships
The Illinois Environmental Council is a 38-year-old nonprofit environmental organization that promotes sound environmental laws and policies, provides a forum for environmentalists, and facilitates a statewide activist network. IEC performs legislative advocacy and serves as the environmental community’s eyes, ears and voice in Springfield. IEC has offices in Chicago and Springfield. Internships are available in both locations. Please see www.ilenviro.org for more information on the organization.
IEC is seeking an intern that will gain hands-on experience through various communications and policy activities, which include:
- Research and tracking environmental legislation
- Writing information for the public about environmental issues including website content, newsletter items, and other materials.
- Assisting staff on coordination of IEC’s special events including lobby day
- Assisting with social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube)
- Performing other tasks as requested
- Interest in environmental issues and policies
- Good research skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Completed at least 2 years of undergraduate, graduate students are encouraged to apply
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
This is an unpaid internship requiring a minimum of 10 hours per week, internship is approximately 4 months long. Students seeking academic credit are welcomed.
To apply for Chicago or Springfield offices send brief cover letter and resume to:
Jennifer Walling, Executive Director